It is our privilege to invite you to consider joining us for a summer of ministry at Park River Bible Camp.
People like you make an enormous difference in the lives of young people each summer through musical, artistic, and theatrical talents, athletic and not-so-athletic abilities, a love for God’s Word, and of course, a God given love for youth and children to know the grace of God displayed through Jesus Christ.
How To Apply
You are invited to fill out an application for employment during the summer of 2017. If you are a new applicant interested in working at PRBC, here’s a list of what you need to do:
When filling out our online applications, it is important to fill out the email boxes correctly. One box is for your email username (ie “myemail”) the other is for the domain name (ie “gmail.com”)
- Application: Apply online or download a paper copy of an application and send it in.
- Online applications:
New Program Staff
New Kitchen and/or Maintenance Staff
New VBS Counselor
- Hard Copy applications:
New Counselor Staff Application 2017
New Program Staff Application 2017
New Kitchen and Maintenance Staff Application 2017
New VBS Counselor Application 2017
- Online applications:
- Reference: Complete the appropriate portion on each 2016 Reference Form and give the forms to the three persons you list. Ask them to return the forms to camp at their earliest convenience. We recommend you provide a stamped, addressed envelope for them. You can also direct them to complete and submit the reference online.
- Interview: Complete a personal interview with a PRBC staff member.
Returning staff who are applying for a position they have previously held can apply online or download, complete, and return the Returning Staff Application 2017. Returning staff who are applying for a new position need to go through the new staff application process.
Positions are offered after application files are complete, applicants have been evaluated, and we feel confident they should be part of the PRBC Summer Staff! When a position is offered the following forms will be sent to you through the mail. Completing them is vital to fulfilling the terms of employment should you accept a position with Park River Bible Camp.
- Voluntary Self Disclosure Form
- Permission to Obtain a Background Check Form: This form allows us permission to perform a background check on you for the safety of children who attend camp. A search on the Dru Sjodin National Sex Offender Registry will also be done.
- US Citizen and Immigration Services Form I-9
- Health History/Physical Form (can be completed by our medical staff onsite after arrival)
- Signed Summer Staff Service Agreement
All application materials should be sent to:
Summer Staff Selection
Park River Bible Camp
106 Solid Rock Circle
Park River ND 58270
Or faxed to: (701) 284-6796
We hire staff as we go, which means there is no official application deadline, but if you apply early you have a better chance of being hired. Signing bonuses are offered based on when the application and three references have been received. The signing bonuses offered are $150 by January 29, $100 by February 29, and $50 by March 29. Signing bonuses are administered in the first paycheck of the season when the health history form, physical, and background check have been successfully and satisfactorily completed.
Quick Facts About PRBC:
- Summer season runs from May 16-August 11.
- PRBC holds camps for children and youth from 1-12 grade.
- PRBC takes the love of God offsite through Vacation Bible School programs.
- Facility Includes: heated swimming pool, high ropes challenge course, low adventure course, 35’ high climbing tower, several acres of woodlands, and paintball!
As Christ’s ambassadors, our staff members serve as role models and leaders for children and youth. Therefore we have high standards for the conduct of our staff.
While we realize that we all live as sinners in a fallen world, staff members are expected to conduct themselves in a manner consistent with the teachings of Scripture. All staff are asked to sign a Summer Staff Conduct Agreement to this effect.
What We Believe
Being a Christ-centered camp, we desire for our campers to have a living faith in Jesus Christ. Being Lutheran, we hold to the confessional Lutheran understandings of faith, salvation, grace, sin, the Church, and the sacraments. Staff are not required to be Lutheran, but should be willing to minister in a Lutheran context.